Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wiggles Concert





***This is not a regular event but it's an activity that we enjoyed and it may inspire you to plan something similar.***

Website:
Wiggles
Cost: Typical concert prices for everyone - no reduced tickets for children.
Recommended Ages: Toddlers seem to like the Wiggles best.

This is not an ongoing event but the Wiggles tour somewhat regularly. We saw the Wiggles in 2005. My son was probably still a bit too young to get the full impact. We went to the Wilkes-Barre show since it was near where my parents live. I bought them tickets and brought them along.

The show went off well. It was cute and had nice energy. They go into the audience and overall, really do their best to excite the kids. Even I was excited to see the Wiggles in person. We had all of the real Wiggles that day - no understudies and Greg had not left the group yet.



It was enjoyable but I still question whether it was worth the expense. I bought five tickets so that could be clouding my view. On one hand, my son was a bit too young to fully appreciate the show (he was between 1 and 2 years old at the time). On the other hand, he was young enough that we could get away with not buying any of the pricey merchandise they offered for sale.

So the jury is out on this one. If you take the cost out of the equation, it was a good show but unfortunately for most people, the cost needs to be considered. My son still talks about it.

Please add your comments regarding this activity or let me know if you have any questions about it that I might be able to answer.

No comments: